Spectrum filaments is a Polish brand that produces filament for 3D printers. The offer includes PLA, ABS materials - in two diameters, PETG or special filaments such as Carbon or glow-in-the-dark filaments. Spectrum filament will allow you to bring all your projects into the real world in high quality. With a wide range of colors, everyone should find something suitable for themselves.
Filament Spectrum Light Weight PLA
Spectrum Light Weight PLA is a modern filament based on PLA. The uniqueness of this material is due to the use of an innovative technology of active foaming, activated by temperature.
In the full foaming phase, the filament increases its volume by more than 2 times, reaching an extremely low density of about 0.52 g/cm3. This material gives the user the flexibility to regulate the material flow, allowing it to be reduced by up to 55%. This, in turn, allows for the creation of components with a significantly reduced weight. Additionally, it is possible to use the foaming capacity to speed up the 3D printing process by using thicker layers or single, solid outlines.
The speed and foaming level can be controlled by varying the printing temperature, allowing you to adjust the density of the material for different components according to your needs. This filament is an excellent solution for printing RC airplane models and other projects where low weight is important. By using Spectrum Light Weight PLA, it is possible to achieve a significant reduction in the weight of printed parts, by up to 50% compared to traditional PLA.
The extraordinary properties of this filament allow users to enjoy not only low weight, but also exceptional durability and precision of prints. The matte and rough surface finish gives the finished elements an attractive appearance and effectively masks the layers.
Foaming is activated at a print temperature of 220°C and should peak in the temperature range of 240°C - 250°C. Please note that if the flow coefficient is significantly reduced, the filament may foam before leaving the nozzle and the extruder may become clogged. The color of the filament will become slightly lighter when the material is foamed to the maximum.
- Significant reduction in the weight of printed elements by up to 50%,
- Active foaming technology,
- Ability to adjust the density of the material,
- You can get the same amount of prints from one spool of Light Weight PLA as from two spools of standard PLA through a significantly reduced flow,
- Matte finish to hide the visibility of the layers.
In order to obtain the maximum properties of Spectrum Light Weight PLA, it is necessary to adjust the print settings.
1. Print simple thin-walled models. It is necessary that the printout has only 1 stroke (vase mode). Test thin-walled models should be printed in the temperature range of 220°C and 280°C, preferably in 10°C increments
2. Measure the wall thickness of each test model and select the temperature at which the wall thickness is greatest.
3. Then, for the temperature set in step 2, print the calibration cubes by reducing the flow rate so that the wall thickness equals the diameter of the nozzle. Usually, it is a flow rate of 40-60%.
4. Next, print the target model and check if the printout has been done correctly. It is possible that it will be necessary to adjust the flow again, but within a few % of the value obtained in step 3.
Material: Light Weight PLA
Colour: Pure Red
Diameter: 1.75 mm.
Dimensional tolerance: +/-0.03mm.
Net weight: 1 kg
Reel dimension: diam. ext. 20 cm, dia. Internal. 5.2 cm, width 6.7 cm.
Print Temp: 200°C -280°C
Bed temperature: 0°C - 45°C
There is currently no comments or ratings for this product.